Remote Display consists of two pieces of software, Remote Display Server and Remote Display Client, which are on networked computers to enable the extension or mirroring of the desktop of a computer (the client) onto the displays shared by other computers (the servers).
By extending the client computer's desktop, more effective screen real estate is made available which in turn allows the user to be more productive. Graphic designers, web designers, programmers, developers and other professional workers are examples of those who could benefit from the extra real estate.
Remote Display is also useful for temporarily borrowing the use of a large display, for example, by a visitor whose laptop computer contains sensitive data which cannot be copied to the computer with the large display.
Designed with cross-platform use in mind, Remote Display allows Macs or PCs to use the displays of other networked Macs and PCs. For example, a MacBook could extend its desktop onto the displays of another Mac and a PC for a total of 3 displays for its desktop. Client computers can extend or mirror onto a maximum of 4 remote displays at a time.
Macs require a PowerPC G3 or Intel Core Solo CPU with 256MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.4.8. Remote Display for Mac OS X ships as an Universal binary. Windows PCs require a Pentium II CPU with 256MB RAM and Windows XP with service pack 2. The Windows version of Remote Display Server requires a DirectX 7 capable video card. Of course, a network connection is required for both client and server, with at least fast ethernet (100Mbps) or 802.11g wireless networking (54Mbps).
Licensing is done on a per-client session basis, where a session is from the time a client computer uses the shared displays of the servers until the time it stops using the shared displays. Each client session requires a license, regardless of how many servers the client's session uses. Simultaneous sessions each require a separate license.
» version 1.0.1 - posted on 2007-07-08
EULA - End User License Agreement
chuchusoft.com End User License Agreement (EULA) Version 1.0
The products in this software distribution are governed by this license agreement. By installing and using the software, you agree to the terms in this document. If you do not agree to the following terms of this license, please uninstall and remove all copies and return the product within 30 days of your purchase for a full refund.
Use of the software
1. This software program is licensed, not sold. We, chuchusoft.com, grant you one license to install both client and/or server software on as many computers as you are legally entitled to install any software on.
2. We, chuchusoft.com, grant you license to use at most, at any one time, as many sessions of this software as you have purchased licenses for. That is, to use X many sessions simultaneously, you must have purchased at least X licenses of the software, where X is at least one. By "using a session", we mean the process where one instance of the client software uses the services of one or more instances of the server software to mirror or extend the client computer's desktop.
3. You may make back-up copies of the software for archival purposes for your personal use only, as protection from disk or computer failure. By "back-up copies of the software", we mean that you may copy the distribution package that this software came in (such as a ZIP archive, a MSI file, or a disk image file) or an image of the hard disk of the computer as produced by backup software. You are not permitted to distribute installed copies of the software or its manual.
4. You may freely distribute copies of the evaluation version of the software, in its original format, so long as you do not charge more than a nominal fee to cover the cost of materials or distribution. You may not in any way change the original distribution file, except to package it within another archive if necessary. An evaluation version is one distributed by us or by our authorised agents for evaluation purposes and which is described as an evaluation or unlicensed copy in the software's sign-on messages or about box.
5. The software is protected by the copyright laws of Australia and other countries. The software and all associated elements such as copyrights, trade names, intellectual property, and information with respect to the software are owned by chuchusoft.com.
You may not separately publish, sell, market, distribute, lend, lease, rent, or sublicense the software. However, this license is not to be construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law, such as permitted library and classroom usage or reverse engineering. Please help us avoid the need for software protection by respecting the major investment of time and money that goes into developing quality software for you.
6. We will not track or collect any information about your use of the software or your data except as you specifically authorize. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the software or access to your data.
We will never give or sell to any third party any personal information we collect without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We respect your privacy and will protect it to the same extent we protect our most valuable information.
7. We warrant that the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product specification on our website when you purchased it and in the product documentation. This warranty will expire 60 days after your purchase. Media on which the software is furnished, if any, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is void if any software failure results from abuse, accident, or misapplication.
8. We do not warrant that the software or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free. We have taken all reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or any other harmful code. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. We warrant to you that, to the best of our knowledge, the digital data comprising the software do not infringe the rights, including copyrights, trade names, and intellectual property, of any third party.
Limitations on liability
10. Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at our option, either a full refund of the purchase price or correction of the defective software or media. We may choose not to fix bugs in, revise, or update product versions we no longer sell.
11. Common sense dictates that any software program be thoroughly tested with non-critical data before relying on it. While every precaution was taken to produce bug free code, you use this software at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement while using or mis-using this software (including damages, loss of business profits, loss of business information, data loss, or other pecuniary losses).
We pledge that we will never make available any software that has known defects that may result in damage of data residing on the system.
12. This agreement will be governed by the laws of Australia.
13. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect. This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
14. This agreement does not supersede any express warranties we made to you. Any modification to this agreement must be agreed to in writing by both parties.
15. We periodically release free updates of our software and make these updates available via web download. We recommend that you keep your installation current. We may require the latest update for a particular product to be installed to process certain support requests.
16. These are our current policies. We are free to change these at any time by posting changes to our web site. The new policies will become effective once you obtain an update or download of the software.
17. This license agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate it at any time. We reserve the right to terminate this license agreement at any time if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this license agreement.
In such event, you agree to destroy the software covered by this agreement, including all copies, functionally-equivalent derivatives, all support files generated by or associated with the software, and all portions and modifications thereof in any form.